Part of the UT Health San Antonio.
Impressions Made Simple
Section 3-Part A: The Precision Implant Impression Made Simple
About this section
Education Objective: After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Make implant fixture level impressions in a single appointment with accuracy for the most difficult implant variations
- Take a radiograph to verify proper implant impression coping placement
- Make an open tray implant impression on multiple fixtures without distortion.
- Apply the optimal viscosity of impression materials around ridges and implants to allow both tissue and implant surfaces to be equally accurate.
- Decide when to use an open or closed implant level impression method or an abutment level method
- Manipulate a combination open & closed impression method to reduce tray flexure
- Make & transfer accurate verification jigs
Original Date: 02/21/2012 | Review Date: 08/31/2017 | Expiration Date: 08/31/2020