Part of the UT Health San Antonio.
Impressions Made Simple
Section 2: Impressions For Immediate Partial, Highly Mobile Teeth Made Accurately without Stress
About this section
Education Objective: After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Apply the layering impression procedures in challenging tooth and tissue conditions
- Make two appointments into one with predictable and measured results for a precise definitive impression
- Decipher how the practitioner can control steady hand movements during material polymerization.
- Position teeth and tissue surfaces in the center of the tray to allow a uniform thickness of impression material to surround all impression surfaces for accuracy.
- Make patient generated border molding impressions instead of practitioner manipulated border movements
- Perform impressions on mobile dentition without removing any teeth
Original Date: 02/21/2012 | Review Date: 08/31/2017 | Expiration Date: 08/31/2020