Part of the UT Health San Antonio.
Impressions Made Simple
Section 1: The Complete Edentulous Impression Made Simple
About this section
Education Objective: After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Understand and implement precision impression procedures in the most difficult edentulous ridge and tissue conditions.
- Make a single appointment predictable definitive impression & eliminate the 2 appointment traditional custom tray procedure.
- Perform the layering impression technique and comprehend how this method allows the practitioner steady hand control eliminating movement during material polymerization.
- Decipher the importance of impression material thickness surrounding edentulous ridges, average tissues & flabby loose mobile tissues for optimal results.
- Make an edentulous impression on any class of ridge and tissue charter with optimal accuracy
- Perform patient generated border molding instead of practitioner manipulated
Original Date: 02/21/2012 | Review Date: 08/31/2017 | Expiration Date: 08/31/2020