Evidence You Need to Know About Periodontal Treatment: What Works and What Doesn’t
Course Description: This is a monster course! There is no other way to describe it. Regardless of the type of dental professional that you are, this course is a must. Why? Told by a master lecturer, scientist, and teacher, Dr. Jim Fine separates fact from fiction when it comes to what improving patients’ overall health and what works in periodontal care and what doesn’t. What is anecdotal, and what is founded in science. What products and therapies are helpful, and what waste patient’s time and money.
Jim starts with current thinking on risk assessment, and then analyzes current therapies, current oral hygiene devices, mouth rinses, antibiotic therapies, the statins, host modulation, keys to bone repair, tissue engineering, benefits of surgery, outcomes, systemic links, treatment paradigms and prognosis. It is evidenced based and incomparable in its up-to-date information. Encyclopedic, this lecture touches EVERY practitioner and is indispensible when it comes to current thinking or oral health.
Course Objectives: After completing this course the participant should be able to:
- Understand a Microbiological approach to disease management
- Be familiar with the host modulation approach to disease management
- Utilize a Nonsurgical and mechanical approach to disease management
- Implement a regenerative surgical approach to disease management
- Be aware of evolving concepts in periodontics
- Become familiar with a view on the biological width (the working environment of restorative dentistry)
- Utilize the new information on vitamin D and oral health
- Discuss how to incorporate new information into practice