Lawsuits, Dental Board Investigations, and other Bad Things that can Happen in a Dental Practice! - WEBINAR
How to avoid these setbacks in your dental office
November 20, 2020
Effective September 1, 2008 Rule 104.1, licensees may choose to have up to four (4) hours of risk management-related coursework (includes risk management, record keeping, and/or ethics courses and the allowance for self-study hours has been increased to (6) hours. This course is designed to assist the dental practitioner in minimizing their chances of a lawsuit or Dental Board investigation through the use of effective risk management techniques. Dr. Waller will explore how to avoid these setbacks in your dental office.
• Learn the top three reasons dental offices are at risk for lawsuits.
• Understand how the utilization of risk management techniques can dramatically decrease the risk of a lawsuit.
• Be able to identify issues in your own practice which will reduce the risk of a Dental Board investigation.
• Identify the essential elements which must be in every dental record to allow you to comply with Dental Board Rules.
• Learn the steps which must be taken to increase your chances of a favorable outcome in a Dental Board investigation.
• Understand the documentation issues which can reduce your exposure from investigations by other State and Federal agencies.
Check-in: 8:30 AM Program time: 9:00 AM - 12:00 Noon
LIVE INTERACTIVE WEBINAR:
TSBDE considers "Live Active Webinar" equal to an "In Person" course. Full CE credit hours are awarded. This webinar is NOT pre-recorded. It is live and interactive with the presenter. This course will not be held on campus.
You will receive an email with a link to the course on the week of event. Check the email address you provided us when creating your UT Health CDE account. Also, check your email’s junk/trash folder.