Longhorn Football Dental Study Club: Kansas at Texas
Pediatric Dentistry for the General Dentist
October 19, 2019
Today’s parents frequently access the internet to gather information on all aspects of pediatric medicine and dentistry. This course is designed to provide a general review of pediatric dentistry, focusing on the parents most “frequently asked questions”.
The lecture will start with pre-natal and newborn concerns. Next, we will discuss common eruption problems, orthodontic concerns, pediatric oral pathology, trauma, dental infections, and prevention issues. Finally, we will cover those topics in the media that often stimulate questions from our well-informed parents.
1. Recognize the most common newborn dental anomalies and advise the parents accordingly
2. Discuss the systemic conditions that are associated with the delayed eruption of teeth and premature loss of primary teeth
3. Diagnose and treat the most common intraoral soft tissue lesions
5. Recognize the most common causes of cervical lymphadenopathies in children
6. Discuss the causes of intrinsic and extrinsic tooth stains
7. Diagnose and treat the most common types of trauma to the primary teeth and surrounding soft and hard tissues
8. Diagnose and manage dental infections
9. Address the latest prevention strategies for young children
10. Discuss “what’s new” in pediatric dentistry
Check-in: 1:00 PM Course:1:30 PM Meal served after course. Program time: Kickoff: 6:00 PM