Dentistry and Today’s Healthcare Revolution, Healing the Heart of Healthcare
November 15, 2019
The landscape of healthcare is continually shifting. In recent years, attention has broadened to include the topic of clinician well-being. While the realms of medicine and nursing are leading the charge, how is dentistry adapting to this new territory?
While we continue to navigate quickly changing technology and ever-increasing patient expectations, we must be involved in the larger discussion. Strategies must be implemented to train, practice and educate in a way that benefits not only patients, but students, residents and practitioners.
Using the model of Compassionate Competency, this course aims to address the inherent pressures of being a clinician while providing practical tools to thrive inside and outside of practice.
• to describe “burnout” and its prevalence, and to identify symptoms and associated conditions
• to explore emotional intelligence, mindfulness, and compassion in the context of healthcare along with relevant research
• to reinforce principles of patient-centered care
• to discuss shifting of the traditional patient-clinician dynamic
• to enhance professionalism
• to consider the importance of cultivating “soft-skills” for professional success
• to introduce practices and refine current skills to enhance overall well-being
• to examine the specific role of dental professionals in shaping the trajectory of healthcare
Check-in: 7:30 AM - 8:30AM Program time: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Norris Conference Center
Individual (After Oct.14, 2019): $190.00
UT Health San Antonio Faculty: $100.00
Military (Veteran or Active): $100.00
Current Student : $0.00
FREE PARKING * FREE LUNCH * DOOR PRIZES * INDUSTRY REPS ON SITE
There is plenty of parking, but please obey property parking rules signage.
If you are interested in Sponsoring or underwriting this event, please contact our office at 210-567-3177. Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm CST
Map to Norris Conference Center San Antonio
Norris Conference Center Building San Antonio
For help or questions about this program, you can contact us at: