An implant-retained mandibular overdenture is considered by many to be the gold standard for rehabilitation of the edentulous mandible. This course will describe aspects of treatment planning, surgical preparation and functional loading of the mandibular prosthesis featuring the Locator retentive system.
- To discuss the rationale for various implant options
- To develop an orderly approach to treatment planning
- To describe preparation techniques required for radiographic and surgical stents
- To clarify various approaches to surgical placement of the implant fixtures
- To demonstrate installation and functional loading of the Locator abutment